“Authentic. Passionate. Fun”
What other people say about me when I'm coaching, training or speaking will probably be more helpful to you than what I say about me. Here are some recent nuggets…
“Wow, I’ve never heard a speaker quite like you before!”
... this is a phrase I hear a lot after training or speaking. Words like “passionate, funny” and “sincere” usually follow. They are music to my ears. They tell me I’ve made a connection.
This is my intention.
“Intuitive, brave, warm”
Private coaching clients seem to think I have a knack of cutting through the bull and getting to what’s really happening pretty quickly.
This is my role, to listen and learn.
So, who am I in my own words...?
I’m a speaker, trainer and coach. “Communication” is my key word. It’s what drives and motivates me in life and the work that I do.
Until my mid 20’s I had a stammer. It was huge. I couldn’t say my name, speak up for myself or have conversations with people...and my confidence was through the floor.
I guess that's the main reason why I love speaking, training and coaching so much. Communicating with others, and helping them communicate better in their personal and professional life is what drives me. It's who I am. My DNA.
Want even more? You got it!
What makes me feel good...
- My relationship with my partner, Joe. We’ve been together 15 years and it feels great.
- Music. I was a professional singer for many years, which included a lot of travelling, many late nights, and way too many stories to include here 😉
- Travel (business and pleasure). Favourite places I’ve visited recently include Thailand, Cambodia, Sweden and the USA. Next up is Malaysia and Australia (can’t wait)!!
- Books and bookshops - I wrote my first book Get Motivated in my local Borders in 2004, and have spent possibly decades of my life snuggled up with a good book on the sofa in Waterstones Piccadilly since.
- Football. I support Arsenal Football Club (obviously a serious business - every season as stressful as the last)!!
- Movies. It’s what Friday nights were invented for!! And if you want to know, I love comedies, drama and the odd thriller.
- Socialising. I love spending time with friends, colleagues, and people I meet whether after a training or speaking event, networking - I even talk to people on the tube!!
What makes me feel bad...
- Arrogant and/or insincere people. Life is too short. The world too small. Move on!!
- Doing my accounts - even though I hand everything to my accountant, I still get stressed even thinking about it. I tell him I'm "a big picture person," and he says I need to get more organised...
- Small thinking - giving up on dreams, dumbing down, “fitting in.” As Marianne Williamson wrote in her book, A Return To Love, “we are all meant to shine.” Shining is our life purpose.
- Waking up early. Even though I can wake up early, and I’m never late…on the day’s I don’t have to it just feels nicer.
- Dishonesty. By that I mean not living authentically, letting life carry us along and just hoping we’ll arrive somewhere we want to be.
So, that’s me. What about you?
By sharing, I hope we’ve built a connection. If I can be of service as a speaker, trainer or coach get in touch and we can discuss how we can work together.
If you want to sign new clients regularly, make a difference to people, and live a good life whilst still being true and authentic to yourself, my latest report Coach Session Profits will help - in fact, the strategies I share with you are also used by the world’s highest-paid and most successful coaches…which is why it’s time for you to use them, too!